Monthly Archives: July 2010
Article marketing is one effective method of selling products and services online. You select your product/s and then drive traffic to your products’ site through an article marketing strategy. How do you do this? Listed below are simple but surefire steps to do it:
Select a product
The product can be your own product or an affiliate product as long as you know what product you are promoting. You can sign up for eBay, amazon.com, Google adsense, clickbank or other affiliate programs. You could choose from many programs online.
Write an interesting article
No matter what article marketing strategy you adapt if you did not write your article precisely as you should have written it, then you will not succeed in your goal. Compose a titillating title that would arouse your reader to read the content. You should write an informative and interesting article. If your article has great content, then your reader will surely click on your product link.
You should also observe at least 1.5 to 2 % keyword density to optimize your article for search engines. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will increase the possibility of your article landing in the first pages of the Search Engine Results Pages or SERP. This one article marketing strategy that certainly works.
Write several articles for different free article submission sites
These original articles should have all links leading to your products’ site. Exposing your article link in as many social bookmarking and networking sites as possible will increase traffic, click throughs, and sales.
Make sure the links lead to the product site
The link may lead to the products’ site or to a squeeze page or landing page you have created. You may also create a blog with free webhosting sites. Having a blog is recommended because you can interact with your clients and you can arrange and display your products more freely.
Network with as many online users as you can
Networking is one vital aspect of a successful article marketing strategy. When you have a broad network, your article and product can be advertised “by mouth” or through your network of online friends. Socialize with other online users and build your network.
An Article marketing strategy would only become very successful if you know how to make your article visible for online users. Explore this aspect and you will surely succeed.
Web 2.0 marketing employs the principle of sharing and interacting with other online users on a common ground or site to promote your own activities. In this method of marketing, you should follow certain community rules so that you can utilize the applications successfully and still be able to use the services provided by the sites. The following are lists of sites, which you can consider as web 2.0 marketing.
Social book marking sites
Facebook is one popular example of web 2.0 marketing. You join the site and share your links but you have to observe certain regulations. Reddit, Digg, Stumbleupon, ticklr and yahoo buzz are more examples. These are great sites to post your products links. Being a member of many would increase your product exposure and sales. Socializing and interacting with the community is a sound objective if you want more people browsing your links.
You can create a free-hosted blog at wordpress, Joomla or blogger. You are free to post any content except the usual prohibitions like porn and illegal articles. You could market your products in your blogs or in other people’s blog through affiliate marketing programs. It is a very effective web 2.0 marketing strategy because it allows you to interact with your buyers. It also gives you more freedom to adapt various creative advertising displays in your own blog.
Video sharing sites
You tube is a very good example. You can upload and share your videos as long as they are not porn and defamatory or illegal. There are thousands of products that went viral and had earned huge sales because of video sharing. Other examples of video sharing sites are photobucket.com, LiveVideo.com, Video.google.com and many more.
The role of web 2.0 marketing for online businesses is a major and crucial one. Without web 2.0 marketing, marketers would never have reached millions of sales through online users. This is highly important for your SEO campaigns as well as part of branding and link building strategy.
SEO actually means Search Engine Optimization where a site is ranked according to the websites pointing towards it. The higher the rank would be the more people will visit the site thereby increasing the sales of the products of that associated website.
Search Engine Optimization is getting popular day by day as it helps to congregate quality crowd for your website and also enhances the production of the product that you are manufacturing. Usually, people do not link to the website directly, so they make use of the search engines. This is the reason that it becomes very important to rank higher in the search engines so as to gain more profit and enhance the business.
Hiring Search Engine Optimization Company/ specialists
When you are hiring a Search Engine Optimization company you should keep some important notions in mind. Some of the vital guidelines are listed below.
- While hiring a Search Engine Optimization Specialist, make certain that he is well aware of the different methods of promoting the website so that more and more people visit the website thereby increasing your reputation and business.
- The company should always keep in mind that the website should target the specific keywords so that it becomes easy for the user to search accordingly.
- Confirm that whether the Search Engine Optimization Specialist is well knowledgeable regarding the Image optimization, URL optimization and Anchor Optimization.
- He should know about all the link building techniques so that he can gather more and quality crowd for the associated website. If he is not supporting, it is better to opt for someone else.
- Make sure that the specialist uses WHITE HAT SEO techniques and also sends proper reports to his clients.
- Look at the past websites the SEO specialist/ company has optimized. Check their client websites standings in the search engine ranking pages.
- Compare their services with others. Things to look out for are the time estimate they provide, do they guarantee money back? (Note their money back policy. One website I found claimed 100% refund. When I closely examined that site it was said that only if we claimed within 1 day. Now how on earth are we going to judge them in one way?)
- Look for better pricing. Always hiring freelancers should be given a trial because it comes to be a lot cheaper and sometimes more effective for the money you spend.
- Since SEO is an ever changing scenario make sure that the company/ specialist is up to date with the latest tech news. (I am amazed that several SEO companies and specialists don’t even know that directory submission was removed from Google’s guidelines and they continue to do link building with directories for improving their clients ranking. Now hope they realize their mistake at least now and correct them.)
- Do not pay in bulk at the start. Ask them for a trial service with small initial payment. If you think they are doing well then by all means do go ahead with them.
- Ask them specifically not to get you any links from directories if they ever plan to. Stress on web 2.0 oriented web promotion. Show them you know something about SEO and can’t be made a fool.
- Last but not the least check out their standings in Google and related search engines. If they can get themselves at the top then surely we can believe they can deliver.